viernes, 5 de junio de 2009

ArE ScHools KiLLiNg CrEaTiViTy ?


Hi everyone,

When you visit the web site ted.com you can find a lot of interesting speech about science, technlogy, entertaiment, business, etc. In this post, I'm going to talk about Ken Robinson, who says school kill creativity. Robinson makes a entertaining and profound speech about this topic.

I like the speech because Ken Robinson talks about something very essential in the people, the human creativity. But if we think about the creativity, what is going on with this matter in the school? Are schools killing the creativity?. In my opinion, I agree with ken when he says that there are education systems that don't take seriously the creativity. These kinds of system want that students learn to be good workers. The schools and their teachers have tha power to improve the creativity but we can see that they are using this power in order to kill the creativity. When schools don't teach subjects like music, art, dance or something like that, they are refusing that students can develop creativity in their minds.

When I was at school, teachers learnt things where I had to memorize knowdlege like formulas, definition, results, etc. I know that is important that students learn theory but they need to practice this theory with another subject where they can think for themselves and can create things or ideas in order to improve their creativity.

I think that Chile has a lot of problem in the children's education, however, schools and teachers know that students have a lot creativity and abilities. For this reason we have to find this creativity in the talents and capacities of the children. It is a difficult work for our education but worth the effort.

With Ken Robinson's speech, we must consider that creativity is very important and essential in the education. Creativity and education have a great importance in the children's learning.

Bye......................

3 comentarios:

  1. oh yeah.. it was so boring to memorize things, I never tried, my memory was great... that's why I loved english, I never tried hard because I knew the vocabulary, that easy vocabulary we learn at school as I played all day things in englishhh, and I used to be just trying to learn alone with some cd's I asked my father to buy I enjoyed trying to learn with the cds and I didn't study for other thing :P I didn't care ahah

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you, creativity is so important, but education does not want to realize that, just want children to receive instruction.
    well see you around.
    cynthia

    ResponderEliminar
  3. memorize?
    I have bad memory so I've never do that lol
    the only thing that I remember are names and birthdays xDD

    see u

    ResponderEliminar